Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs various field and shop tasks associated with the HVAC sheet metal trade.
- Installs, renovates, and repairs commercial/industrial HVAC air distribution systems under the direction of a Sheet Metal Foreman.
- Coordinates with other trades in efficient and timely job completion.
- Performs related work as required.
- Ensures safe work practices and adheres to safety rules/policies.
- High school graduates or equivalent desired.
- At least 1 year of experience in a construction or other physically demanding job.
- Ability to work at heights without fear.
- Ability to get to and from job sites as required.
- Ability to interact with colleagues, clients and the public, in a positive manner.
- Knowledge of basic math and geometry.
- Knowledge in the care and use of hand tools.
- Must be able to read a tape measure.
- Must be able to follow specific directions; perform a variety of duties which may often change; work within standards of accuracy; repeat tasks of short duration according to a set procedure.
- Must be able to evaluate information using measurable standards.
- Physical activities of standing, balancing, climbing stairs & ladders, walking and lifting of weights of 50 lbs. or more are required in daily performance of job. Use of upper extremities required for forward and overhead reaching, pushing and pulling, and material handling. Use of torso and lower extremities required for kneeling, crawling, stooping, twisting, and squatting