Job Title: Sheet Metal Journeyman
Department: Commercial Construction
Reports To: Construction Project Manager
Wage: Hourly, commensurate with level of experience
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lay out of mechanical systems, supports, or related equipment according to blueprints.
- Installation of commercial mechanical systems to include but not limited to:
- Packaged rooftop equipment
- Split system equipment (e.g. fan coils, heat pumps, condensing units, ductless splits, etc.)
- Central air handling equipment
- Exhaust and intake fans, louvers, vents and hoods
- Ductwork: low pressure, medium pressure, flex, spiral, galvanized, aluminum, black steel, etc.
- Dampers: volume control, fire, smoke, combination, automated, manual, etc.
- Kitchen hoods and associated ventilation equipment
- Air distribution: grilles and registers for ceiling, wall, floor and duct mounted installations.
- Cut or bore holes in structures prior to duct installation using hand or power tools.
- Load and unload tools and material.
- Setup of equipment at beginning of shift and breakdown at end of shift.
- Maintain assigned tools and issued safety equipment.
- Maintain daily communication with your direct supervisor. Take direction from construction manager, foreman, and/or lead mechanic.
- Coordinate project inspections with construction manager.
- Supervise and support helpers on projects as required.
- Coordinate subcontractors as required for each project.
- Complete as-built drawings at end of projects.
- Enter time worked daily and submit timesheet weekly.
- Follow all policies as outlined in the company handbook and safety documentation.
- Monitor jobsite to ensure a safe work environment and report any safety violations to safety supervisor.
- Overtime or varied shift work hours may be required.
- 4+ years of sheet metal experience in commercial sheet metal installation.
- Valid Idaho HVAC license
- Tool Requirements: basic hand tools (e.g. cordless drill, hammer, screwdrivers, snips and other sheet metal tools, tape measure, crescent wrench, channel locks, torpedo level, etc).
- General Requirements: ability to operate a forklift or other heavy equipment pending proper equipment certification provided by company. Company vehicle use will be subject to motor vehicle report and authorization.
- Physical Requirements: ability to perform additional physical activities that require considerable use of limbs and appendages such as climbing, lifting, reaching above shoulders, balancing, walking, stooping, and kneeling. Ability to lift, move and handle 80lbs tools or materials. Ability to climb and work from ladders, aerial lifts, or scaffolding. Ability to work in tight spaces or uneven terrain. Ability to work in environmental conditions that range from working outdoors during all seasons, indoor office environments, and utility plants.