Job Title: Sheet Metal Foreman
This position involves runs and manages multiple jobs and crews
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Measures up for large and small equipment change outs, package units, built up system air handlers, large and small roof curbs.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, sketches, or product specifications to determine sequence and methods of fabrication, assembling, and installing sheet metal products.
- Selects gauge and type of sheet metal according to product specifications.
- Sets up and operates fabricating equipment and hand tools to cut, bend, block and form or straighten materials.
- Performs take offs for ducting and related.
- Inspects assemblies and installation for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments, such as calipers, scales, dial indicator, gauges, and micrometers.
- Ensures appropriate materials are available to complete the job.
- Performs various field and shop tasks associated with the HVAC sheet metal trade.
- Field experience running and managing multiple jobs and crews.
- Field experience in layout and installation of ducting.
- Five or more years of sheet metal experience required
- Must be able to field measure and field fabricate simple fittings
- Must have the ability to measure fittings for ship input
- If driving a company vehicle is required, must possess a valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record
- Knowledge and experience in the proper use and safe operation of hand tools, equipment and testing devices necessary to perform all work assignments.
- Ability to stand, sit or squat for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift, move and carry material up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb stairs, ladders and work at extended heights.
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). i.e. but not limited to, Dust mask, gloves, eye protection and hearing protection.
- This position will require a background check and drug screening.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.