Job Title: Sheet Metal Apprentice
Department: Commercial Construction
Reports To: Jobsite Foreman
Wage: Hourly, commensurate with level of experience
- This individual as part of a team is to follow all safety rule and regulations. Report to work on a daily basis and on time. To accurately perform his task as an Apprentice / Helper and will work under the guidance of a qualified Foreman or Mechanic to learn and attain mechanical skills & abilities necessary to enable him to advance.
Basic Job Functions & Requirements
Duties & functions include learning to:
- Work safely at all times, and abide by all safety rules and requirements.
- Read blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- Safely operate shop equipment.
- Fabricate, assemble and install HVAC systems components.
- Work in both shop and field environments.
- Working with other crafts to attain additional skills.
Applicable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Basic mechanical aptitude with good mathematical skills.
- Must have a good working knowledge of the use of measuring tools and instruments.
- Basic comprehension of mechanical drawings and specifications preferred.
- Basic knowledge of the use of hand and power tools.
- Strong working knowledge of job site safety as well as ability to complete a company specific safety orientation.
Education and Experience Qualifications:
- 1+ years of sheet metal experience in commercial sheet metal installation.
- Valid Idaho HVAC license or Idaho state approved reciprocal licensing
- Currently enrolled in Idaho or approved Dept of Labor Schooling
- Minimum 1-year trade experience required with verifiable references preferred.