Assistant Project Manager
This position is responsible for providing project support under the direction of a Project Manager. Performs ancillary duties as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists project manager in planning work schedule and coordinating project activities to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Advises Project Manager of potential problems, work interferences, schedule difficulties. Assists in circumventing/resolving such problems as required.
- Oversees day-to-day project tasks to include submittals, material requisitions, requests for information, applications for payment, and job review packages.
- Secures equipment price quotes, orders equipment, and tracks delivery.
- Visits job sites daily and performs work inspections, checks job progress, and resolves project and contract issues
- Prepares special reports, studies, statistical analysis per supervisor’s request. Such items usually require research, development and/or interpretation of data and are performed with little supervision or instruction.
- Heads up project quality walks with Foreman and or Superintendent(s).
- Compiles Operations and Maintenance (O&M) manuals.
- Completes project closeout documents within two weeks of warranty date or final project billing.
- Reads, reviews and understands project estimates and understand entry of estimate breakout into job cost system
- Performs or facilitates material takeoff, estimating and pricing procedures for changes to work scope as well as for new project estimating.
- Attends and represents the project team at various meetings.
- Creates project billing on projects monthly in accordance with each General Contractor’s processes under PM supervision.
- Reviews accounts receivable.
- Contacts customer regarding accounts noted above which may require lien notification action. Advises Project Manager and gets guidance on what lien related notifications to initiate.
- Reviews labor productivity reports with superintendent and foreman for each trade to foster effective project communication and help insure accurate labor projections.
- Reviews and manages the project financials with the use of the FAC report and all Solomon tools.
- Assists management and marketing in developing and maintaining strong business relationships with owners, contractors, vendors, and other company personnel.
- Strong written and oral communications skills and polished presentation skills are desired.
- Ability to learn to read and understand contract plans and specifications.
- Ability to learn to perform accurate estimating and buying takeoffs for mechanical systems.
- Data Entry
- Weld Logs and maps
- COMMUNICATION WITH FAB SHOP FOREMEN REGARDING ERRORS/ISSUES WITH SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION
- PACKING SLIPS, TRACKING, SCANNING, ETC.
- UPDATE RECONCILIATION LOG, RECEIVING LOG
- LOCATE AND PRINT MTR’S, C of C’s SUPPORTING FABRICATION DOCUMENTS
- ASSEMBLE DOCUMENT PACKETS FOR DELIVERY OF FAB TO FIELD
- VERIFY, CHECK, LOG ALL FAB LEAVING SHOP
- ORGANIZE AND RENAME FILES
- SCANNING, COPYING, PRINTING MISC DOCS
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Normally works out of a job trailer or in an office setting, but walks the construction worksite on a regular basis.
- Ability to physically negotiate the hazards of a new construction worksite (e.g. uneven surfaces, floor openings, heights, construction debris and poor lighting).
- Ability to work the schedule required by job demands.
- Ability to be on the job site daily to check progress, inspect work and conduct meetings to resolve issues.
- Ability to operate a personal computer and be proficient in related company software products